Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Style?

Lately, I've been thinking about style. It can mean styles of things you like, but could it also be a box, that's hard to get out of. I would define my style as a mix of preppy, trendy, classy, and bohemian.

What does that mean though? Am I only allowed now to like things within that category? What if I like something that does not check any of the boxes? Do I not like it, or do I change all my boxes? What happens if I'm in a mood for preppy stuff one day, and boho the next? Is my "personal style" limiting me to what I like as well as forcing me to like other things?

Then I had a thought.

Pin It



 I'll be different that other people, and not have a personal style, but instead go from day to day with what I like. Some days, I might feel in the mood for a surfer vibe, while on others a new york feel. So what do you think? Am I crazy, or do you feel the same?
-Philothea

2 comments:

  1. totally agree, don't get boxed in!
    -mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the approach you're taking! It doesn't matter if your style can't be classified as bohemian, preppy, or something else... it's just 'you'. :)

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt
    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Just to let you know, we approve all your comments before they are posted, so they may not show up right when you post them.
Thanks,
P+S