Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Counting sheep

I have never gotten the concept of counting sheep. Have you? I know it works for some people but it doesn't for me. My brain is so critical and precise when it comes to dreams that I have a hard time thinking of something worth my dream time. Back to the point, in this next paragraph I am going to be giving you a glimpse into my version of counting sheep. Here goes.

Ok, on your mark, get set, BAAAAAA. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, seve- wait a second. 7 just knocked down the fence with his hoof because he jumped to early not thinking about his angle or speed which is weird in itself because sheep don't bother themselves with things like speed and elevation. So I spent the next 10 minutes trying to decide whether speed and elevation are really the top priority of sheep when they are jumping over a fence but I had to put that thought on hold as a construction crew came into view and started building a new fence. The vets dragged the unconscious 7 away and I started again. Well, I tried to but I had no idea whether to start at eight or whether I should go back to the beginning. At first I thought that I should keep going but then again it is a new fence, maybe I should start with new sheep to. Ok, I thought to myself new sheep it is, so numbers 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 walked away to get coffee. Wait a minute, since when did a Starbucks open in my dream? Ah ha! It was the bored construction worker. Using all the brain power I could muster I sent the construction worker, the Starbucks and sheep 1-6 into a different part of dream land. Ok, new sheep. Here we go. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 white sheep. 11,12,13,14 white sheep. 15,16,17,18,19,20 white sheep. 21 white, 22 white,23 black... wait a minute. Black? Does that mean that I keep going or does black mean I subtract? Hmmmm. I thought long and hard on this one. Eventually I came to the decision that black was neutral and had to be thrown out. So a hunter came and tranquilized the black sheep and dragged it away.

As you can see counting sheep does not work with a sleep portion of brain as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just to let you know, we approve all your comments before they are posted, so they may not show up right when you post them.
Thanks,
P+S